Traditional and Virtual Personal Training- Birmingham, Alabama
- How long have you been in business? I have been a certified personal trainer since 2015 and got started by working in a traditional gym. I ultimately branched off and started doing my own thing and providing boot camps, 1 on 1 sessions, and small groups.
- What is the price point for your services? I work with a monthly price point of $400. That includes 12 sessions (3x per week), 24/7 access to me, as well as recommendations for nutrition and meal plans.
- How did you get your business started? I saw a need for people to see real people take on this world of fitness, and as my line of work (collegiate athletics) kept me on the move by relocating often, I needed a way to impact the people I was meeting along the way. Technology isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, so why not utilize the smart phone we constantly have in our hands. All you need is a desire to make a change and a smart phone and I can meet you where you are.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I see myself growing my online presence and effecting people’s lives through motivation and providing workouts that change people’s lives. I ultimately want to have my own gym that has the right mix of an athletic weight room, Crossfit gym, and state of the art equipment.
- What or who is your biggest inspiration? My family. A lot of my family was born and raised in the south, and there are so many unhealthy habits that were instilled in our family and the black family in the south. I see so many of my family members, both young and old, who suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, heart complications, and obesity. If I can show them that living a healthy life is not only beneficial for them, but it also can fit their schedules while being fun, I know I would be fulfilling my purpose.
- What sets your business apart from others providing the same service? My heart. I pour my time and love into each of my clients to see them live their very best lives. It’s not just about a body transformation, it’s way more than that. It’s about truly loving yourself inside and out, it’s a spiritual and emotional journey, and it is something that I will be right there with you every step of the way. When you want to give up, when feelings of comparison comes up, or even when you can’t see the results yet.
- If there was one message you could share with the masses, what would it be? You are stronger than you think, capable of more than you give yourself credit for, and you are destined for greatness. Buy into the idea that you deserve better, trust in me for 90 days, and we will tap into all that God has in store for you!
Contact Information: (817)939-9740 / firstname.lastname@example.org/ Instagram: @Filmore_fit
“My name is Alisha Filmore and I run the Instagram page Filmore_fit. I am a former collegiate and professional athlete, and I have always had an affinity for how the body works and how we are able to create the bodies we want. As I was playing overseas I was in need of a strength and conditioning coach, and instead of hiring one I realized that I had the knowledge within me to help transform myself into the athlete I was being called to. I went on to become a certified personal trainer, because I wanted to see others push their bodies to new limits and achieve results that they have only dreamed of. Life is too short to live in a body that isn’t serving you, because you aren’t properly fueling it, and it is too short to live in a body you don’t like and don’t feel comfortable in. I want to help push you to your very best self and I am able to meet you wherever you are on your fitness journey.”