As of a week and a half ago, my summer break started. As it got going, I started thinking about all of the things I wanted to do this summer.
The more I thought about what I wanted to do, the more I thought about the “Bucket Lists” that so many of us spend time working on. We write down all of these things we want to do before we die, but never really think about what we can do right now.
Now, I tried to think of a catchy name, but there was only one word that came to mind that rhymed with “bucket”. *sips tea and gives you side-eye realness*
For the sake of not getting a little TOO real with you guys, I decided to just call this my “Summer Goal List”.
Basically, I comprised a list of all of the things I wanted to work on this summer. I believe that we should spend more time focusing on some short term goals and not waiting until we’re about to die to really start living. I mean…how do you know when that will be anyway?
Anywho, here’s my list:
1. Develop my relationship with God.
– As you can see, this is the first item on my list. My relationship with God is the most important thing in my life and there is always room for improvement. I want to spend more time reading my bible, going to weekly service more, and journaling more. If you need a spiritual facelift too, you can check out my church online at http://www.ibocchurch.org!
2. Write more.
-Before my last post, I hadn’t posted to my site since LAST YEAR. I had even lost my original domain name. I want to get back into blogging and writing poetry more. I really do love it and believe it to be one of my callings.
3. Practice pole fitness.
-One of my sisters is an OUTSTANDING pole fitness instructor and she’s always encouraging me to try out pole fitness. Now, I love working out, but I’m a runner so poling is something that is out of my normal comfort zone. If you follow me on snapchat, then you probably have seen my sister and I clowning around and me trying this out! Check out her site and sign up for her online studio for only $9.95 at http://www.polebunnyfitness.com (you don’t even need a pole!)
4. Sign up for adult ballet classes.
– Little known fact: I took ballet when I was a pre-teen and I. Fell. In. Love. I’ve been obsessed with everything ballet since (performances, tv shows, etc). I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I didn’t just try it out again, seeing that it came pretty naturally for me.
5. Mend broken relationships.
-Life is way too short to hold grudges. I want to forgive people, but I don’t want to be naive. I’ve already tried reaching out to certain people. I have not necessarily gotten a proper response, but I can say that I know I’ve done my part and I’m content.
6. Let go of outgrown relationships.
-Life is way too long to constantly try to spend time trying to hold on to people that are pulling away from me.
7. Exhale negativity.
Bury the negative comments of the past. I need to know and understand my worth. I remember somebody once told a guy I was talking to that he could basically do better than me. I never realized how much that bothered me until recently, but now I know that I am a great person, a great friend, and a great catch. I have to stand by that belief.
8. Inhale positivity.
-I will only allow the positive vibes that people breathe into me to settle in my spirit.
-I REEEAAAALLLY need to get rid of the old/ unnecessary things in my life and start to appreciate the things that I do have.
10. Save money.
-I need to cut back on my spending and actually really develop my savings account this summer.
-I want to get out of Dallas at least once this summer and out of TX at least once.
12. Practice foreign languages.
– I used to be quite fluent in Spanish and have lost most of it. I need to get into practicing the language again. I was also previously self-teaching myself Russian which has completely gone out the window. lol
So what are your short term goals? What are the things you can go ahead and do right now to help improve your quality of life?
Also, I will be updating you guys at the end of the summer on how many of these things I actually got to accomplish from my list!
Stay blessed, loves.